Monday, July 7, 2014

Wegner's Wishbone


If you've been following my blog for a while, you know my love for Wegner's Wishbone Chair
I've always wanted them for my dining table and now that we aren't in apartment mode anymore I'm starting to save up for some of my dream furniture, but at almost $1000 a piece for the designer replicas, I've been doing lots of searching to find them at a much more affordable price. 

I really want them in a natural oil finish like the designer version (pictured above) but all of the affordable versions seem to have a lacquer finish that I don't love. If you're not familiar with wood finishes, an oil finish has a matte look to it like driftwood and lacquer gives it a shiny look and makes the color of the wood stand out more. 
 I've also found them in a painted white finish online, a dark stain finish at Homegoods, but I'm just not that in love with any of them. Then I came upon the Neils Natural Chair from Crate and Barrel. It's not the same design as the wishbone, but it's the finish I love and the shape and feel of the chair is very similar. 
So what do I do readers!?
I'm thinking to go with the Neils Chair. Opinions?


No comments:

Post a Comment