Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bathroom Progress


Things are coming together with our house and I'm getting pretty antsy and excited! 
We've almost finalized all the interior finishes, so I thought I'd share a peek at what I have planned for the main bathroom. Our master bath will be similar as far as the countertop, cabinets, flooring, and probably hardware and lighting. I've always planned on doing a little wallpaper somewhere in my future home, and I think I'm going to go for it in this bathroom. I know some of you still cringe at wallpaper, but I just can't help myself. I love the bold pattern and interest it adds! 
It makes me nervous to do a large space with it, but I think a small bath or laundry room is a great place for it. 
 I'm still debating on what the wallpaper will actually be, but I'm really liking the two options pictured. They are neutral in color but still add some bold pattern. 
If money weren't in the picture I would go for Schumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon in Aquamarine, and add in some color and pattern,
but at almost $400 a roll, that won't be happening. 
So which one is your favorite? Option 1 or 2? 

For the shower curtain, I was really inspired by this picture, with the double curtains that go to the ceiling. So my plan is to make my own out of outdoor fabric and then put a liner behind them. 



The flooring is still up in the air, but I'm really hoping we can do the hex pattern in both bathrooms. 
We will see. If only money weren't involved right? ;) 

I would love to know your thoughts and input!

Here's some other inspiration pictures I've been using as I'm pulling things together...


                                 via                                                                                  via





1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! You are definitely going to have to put up a house tour on here when everything is complete!!

    ReplyDelete