Saturday, May 3, 2014

Look Up

I've been thinking about saying goodbye to Facebook and Instagram for a while now. 

Today I did it. 

I feel embarrassed to say it, but this video is what got me to do it.





As I sat watching it I knew that today had to be the day. I reflected on myself and how much I truly do get lost in it. I don't do the things I love to do as much as I used to. Reading, painting, sewing, creating. All things I love that I haven't done enough of lately. I still want to stay in touch with family and friends, especially those who live far away, so I will continue with my blog, but for now I feel that saying goodbye to some of these other distractions will be a very good thing. I don't want my little boy to grow up thinking he has to have a phone glued to his hand or have an iPad to keep him entertained. Just living in the beautiful moments of life and not feeling I have to capture or share all of them is what I want to do more of. So if you would like to keep in touch, this is where I'll be! I'm going to try to do a "Selfie Saturday" post once a week with pictures of Ames and what we are up to and then design related posts during the week. 
I hope you'll keep in touch friends! 

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I only check facebook once or twice a day, and never on my phone. We don't let our son play with our phones or anything either because we don't want him to get addicted like so many kids are!

    ReplyDelete