Sunday, May 11, 2014

A First



Today is my first mother's day since having our little boy. 
I couldn't be happier or feel more blessed to have him here. He has taught me so much about selfless service, love, and patience. I could never have imagined loving this little boy so much before he got here.
 We did have some bumps along the road getting him here, but it was nothing compared to some who struggle with infertility and the loss of children. I hope on this mother's day that they feel the Savior's love. I think this day should be called Women's Day because those who go through the hard struggle of trying to be a mother, but can't, or have it taken away, deserve the honor of this day just as much as those of us who are currently mothers. 



I am beyond grateful for my own mother. 
She is my greatest example of faith, service, motherly love, and so much more. She has taught me how to be a mother and selflessly stayed with us in Iowa for an extra week when I was having a rough time postpartum. She is the Relief Society President and had many things she needed to get back to, but she told me if I needed her, she would stay. I can never thank her enough or repay her for all she has done for me. I hope that you have had or will have the pleasure of knowing my mom. She is a wonderful person. 


Happy Women's Day to all of you! 

1 comment: