Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Motherhood



Motherhood is hard. The hardest thing I've ever done. 
The first two weeks of having Ames home I was a complete mess
 and was wondering what I got myself into. 
It wasn't anything like I'd imagined 
and I felt this distance between me and this sweet little boy 
that I never thought would be there. 
Fast forward to now, 3 1/2 weeks later. 
I hate that it had to start out that way, 
but I grew and learned so much mentally, physically, and spiritually. 
Things are so much better and I feel that amazing bond with my little boy that I longed to have. 
You really can't explain how hard and amazing being a new mom is. 
You just have to experience it. 

That being said, I know I have been horrible at blogging. 
But I honestly don't care :) 
I'd much rather be loving on my little boy. 
As I slowly start getting this mom thing down I promise I'll get back at it, 
but I can't say when that will be. 
Like I've said before, I hope you'll stick with me on this journey and stay tuned.

Thank you, thank you loyal readers! 
























2 comments:

  1. The photo of Ames smiling and you guys blurry is priceless. Love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures! He's so handsome, Lex!

    ReplyDelete