Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Client Progress


These lovely clients of mine just bought their first house after finishing medical school and we are having so much fun decorating it! We started with the living/dining room which is almost complete, and then we will be moving to the family room and office. 

I think many people believe interior design happens quickly and you have to spend a lot of money all at once. That is one way you can decorate your home, but with this client we took it slow and steady. This results in an equally beautiful home.

We came up with an overall design and concept to begin with, but were very flexible with reconfiguring the design as we went and buying things over time, not all at once. 

We started with the key furniture pieces (sofa, chairs, console, dining table and chairs) and then a few months later added the side table, rug, light fixture, and mirrors. 

Last week while I was in Utah we added the lamps and a few accessories and now we just need some window treatments and something for that BBW (big blank wall, if you haven't read my post on that go here)

It definitely needs to make a statement, but I don't want it to compete with the other artwork in the space. I think it needs to be more architectural, like a grid of mirrors, or we were even thinking of possible doing some wall planters. Wouldn't that look amazing!?





Doing a little bit at a time is a really effective way of decorating your home and prevents you from having to drop a huge chunk of change all at once. 

I would also like to note that almost all of the work I did with this client was via email, phone, and FaceTime. I made a couple of visits to the actual home to see the progress, but it really is possible to create a beautiful home via e-design

I've had such a great time working on this project! If you or anyone you know are interested in working with me via e-design please go here and send me a message so we can get started!







(You can see that BBW I'm talking about it this picture)













No comments:

Post a Comment