Saturday, August 17, 2013

27 Weeks

90 days until baby Ames' due date! 

AAHHHHHHH! (scream of excitement) 

I've had the craziest, most vivid dreams lately. I thought it was just because I was waking up several times a night to use the bathroom and not sleeping as deeply, which is probably mostly the reason, but I also read that many pregnant women have very vivid dreams possibly due to the increase in hormones. 
Whatever it is, I have multiple crazy dreams every night. Mostly baby dreams, and some just out in left field.




That nesting instinct everyone says pregnant women get has also kicked in. I'm naturally the nesting type anyway, but now it's just worse. We don't move for a little over 4 months and I've already started packing and organizing. I blame it on the fact that I can't decorate Ames' nursery. Landon thinks I'm crazy, but I figure the last month we're here I will have a brand new baby, and the month before he comes I won't want to do anything, so I may as well get started now. Call me crazy, but I think I'll be glad I did it.

A "fun" little fact... apparently the placenta is at the back of my uterus, so that's why I could feel him move pretty early on and I am feeling lots of movement now. It's so crazy when he gets really wiggly and I can actually see my belly moving. :) 

Next week I'm having some maternity pictures taken by the talented Kandice Stewart. She just moved into our ward and we are completely on the same wavelength as far as vision for the shoot, so I can't wait! P.S. She is also doing a giveaway on her blog for a free family shoot!




We also hit up the Iowa State Fair this week. This will be our 3rd and last year going! We picked up a little t-shirt for baby Ames so he'll know we took him along with :)

I have been craving hot dogs and corn dogs and the fair has THE BEST corn dogs. Mustard only please!
I posted the pic of me eating it on Instagram and had so many people comment saying that they craved corn dogs too when they were pregnant. Crazy how certain things sound good to so many pregnant women.
They also have the YUMMIEST lemonade shakeups. Totally worth the $5 rip off.

We ate way too much food, checked out the animals, and rode the sky coaster. A great finale to our time at the Iowa State Fair! 



1 comment:

  1. kandice stewart went to byu-idaho. crazy!! she was good friends with one of mine. so excited to see what she does!

    ReplyDelete