Saturday, March 2, 2013

Books & Birthdays

I could have very easily read this book in a day, but I stretched it out over this week and finished yesterday. I'm pretty sure it is one of the best books I have ever read. 
Stephanie Nielson has such a great message to share that everyone needs to hear. One of my favorite quotes from the book is actually by Elder Holland who met with her after the accident. He said, "We look for Christ's scars because they are evidence of what He did for us. They'll be the first things He shows us when we see Him again. Your scars tell a story, too. Although they may not make you feel attractive, they are a witness of a miracle, that God blessed you to live, and that you have accomplished very difficult things."
Most of us don't have scars that are obvious to the world, but I think this can apply to scars that lay on our hearts as well.  

This is a book that everyone should read! Such a great story of hope and the true meaning of happiness.





Also, Thor's birthday was yesterday. He turned two. I made him homemade dog treats (see recipe below) and Landon and I took him to Petco to pick out a bone. There he met his new girlfriend Zooey, a Great Dane. Don't you think they make a great pair? And yes our dog is way too spoiled. 






Kiss Me Dog Cookies






No comments:

Post a Comment