Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Cheery DIY

Before we headed out of town for Spring Break, I wanted to drop by a little something "Springy" to my new visiting teaching ladies. I have really been loving this quote that Erin, from Candy Kirby Designs, posted on her Instagram feed. 




So I decided this was a great thought to pass on. Sorry, but I get a little bored with the VT messages that are ALWAYS about visiting teaching. Is it just me? 

So here is a little DIY that you can try out yourself and gift to someone needing a pick me up :) 

By the way, Trader Joe's has the most amazing selection of Spring flowers right now. It was a good thing I was going out of town in 3 days or I may have bought way too many. Cut and potted hydrangeas, ranunculus, daffodils, tulips, and hyacinth galore! When we get back from Spring Break I may just have to head back over there. For now, I made it out with the 2 potted daffodils I needed for my project. 


Here's what you'll need...



ONE . potted plant

TWO . ribbon

THREE . gift tag


FIVE . scissors

SIX . mini clothespins

** I purchased the ribbon, tags, and mini clothespins at Hobby Lobby, and I LOVE World Market's wrapping paper selection. They have some that is handmade and is much thicker than regular wrapping paper, which I like for this project. 


After you've got your squares ready, bring opposite corners up to the pot and gather around. You have to mess with the paper a little to get it to lay right around the pot, but if you create creases as you form it around, it will begin to mold itself. 
Next tie your ribbon around and pin on your tag! I printed off the quote and attached it to the tag with double sided tape. 




1 comment: