Sunday, December 9, 2012

Learning Compassion

It's so hard to be happy for others who have what you can't. Every day it seems someone else is announcing that they are expecting on Facebook while I am counting down the days until we can start trying again. But as hard as it's been, I think I have figured out at least one thing I needed to learn from this trial. 
I've never lost anyone really close to me. My great grandma died when I was younger but I never really understood it. It's always hard for me to truly have compassion for others who experience loss because I've never gone through it. So although I can't say I know what it's like to lose someone I've known and loved for years, I can say I know what it's like to lose someone I love. 
I truly have a testimony that we really need these hard trials in our lives to make us better people. 
I hope you are having a lovely Sabbath day! 

P.S. We finally got a real snow storm in Iowa today. It seems much more like Christmastime now, but I hope it holds off long enough for us to drive home to Utah. 10 more days!

4 comments:

  1. Love this. While I didn't have the trial you did, I know how it is when it feels like everyone is posting they are pregnant or have a baby. It's not the right time for Jordan and I and it is so hard being patient and having faith in heavenly fathers timing. You'll be an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally know what you mean! It seems like the Lord is telling us it isn't the right time by the lack of a pregnancy but it's always helps to remember its all in his time. Lots of love sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lexie, I've made it to the other side... not all the way, but man do I know how you feel. Miscarriage and infertility were a really tough road to travel (and one I might have to travel over again and again). But I can say that when you do finally get to expand your family, YOU are going to have such a beautiful outlook toward your little one... because YOU knew how hard it really is to get them here.. what a miracle they really are. In the meantime, it sucks... and 4 years of it was brutal, but hang in there, God knows you. And loves you, lots. And so do I friend. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lexie,
    This is the first time i have been to your blog. I'm sorry you are going through what you are going through. I somehow know how you are feeling. It took my husband and I over 4 years to get pregnant and for the baby to make it as far as it has. I would hear about people getting pregnant, and I would just come home and cry because we wanted it SO bad. Not sure if you knew, This pregnancy is #7 for me. I have my 2 daughters and my son on the way, but I went through 4 miscarriages. It was very very tough. Nobody elso could understand. It took alot of fertility to get pregnant this time and alot of prayes and fasting.
    What I learned from all this after feeling like crap all the time when I should have been happy-even for my own sisters, I learned that the Lord has a time for all things. I know you probley don't want to hear that. I learned the hard way-go figure-I am a Wright. I just wanted "my plan" to turn out the way "I had planned". It hasn't. Hang in there and don't give up. The experiences you are having will make you so much stronger and you will feel so much closer to your little one whenever he/she does come into your family. YOu will have such a stronger bond with that baby when you are able to carry a baby to full term. Don't give up and keep smiling. Sorry again you are going through what you are going through. I know it's not easy! I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete