Friday, August 12, 2011

It All Begins...

Here we are alive and well in Iowa! Landon and his dad started the drive on Friday followed by my parents and I on Saturday. By Sunday night we had all made it here after a long drive through I must say some really ugly Wyoming country, more corn fields than you can imagine, and finally some really pretty rolling hills and farm country once we got into eastern Nebraska and Iowa. My parents and I spent the night on Saturday in North Platte and when we got out of the car there were bugs EVERYWHERE and the heat and humidity just clung to your skin. I thought to myself, what did I get myself into!? But now that we've been here for a few days I've decided it's going to be a great place to live. There is a Trader Joe's!! The bugs really aren't that bad, although they are LOUD. We just happened to be staying at a hotel that night that was right by a river. The humidity I've started to get used to. Let's just say I'm glad I don't have curly hair. We have our place all put together except for the 2nd bedroom that will eventually be an office/art studio. And I plan on painting a couple of the walls that are painted chocolate pudding brown. Pictures and more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment