Friday, July 8, 2011

DIY Headboards


I had a request for some ideas for DIY headboards and some fun ways to decorate. So here I am with some ideas...

















Salvage some old pieces of wood and attach to vertical brace pieces. I think you could leave it as is and it would look awesome, but if you wish, stencil or handpaint something fun on it.














You could skip the wood altogether and just create a fun stencil of a headboard and paint it directly on the wall. Doesn't quite have the dimension of a real headboard but a fun idea!




















One of my favorites is these old doors. You might have to do a lot of searching to find some but I love the look of it.




















Make your own wood frames or buy some at the art supply store (used for stretching canvas) and cover with batting and fabric for a softer upholstered look.


Now for some fun decorating ideas...

Plate collections/collages are a big trend right now. I've been collecting mine at the DI and TJMaxx. But I think I will splurge on a couple of fun ones that I'm in love with at Anthro.
Another fun idea is to buy all white plates in different sizes and shapes for a more clean/minimalistic look.




















Old books can be used in various ways such as these fun shelves created with some metal brackets. Books look great even just stacked on a shelf or side table with some other fun accessories. My favorite place to find unique inexpensive accessories is the TJMaxx HomeGoods at Brickyard. They always have fun little odds and ends.




















I can't wait to make some of these! Map hearts. Buy or find some old maps and cut out your favorite places or places that have special meaning. Mount in heavy paper and frame.















No comments:

Post a Comment