Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Studio II Final

I have been wanting to post these pictures forever and now that I've waited so long that the new semester is starting, I think its about time. These are the final boards for my Studio II Final Project. As with the other project I posted a while ago, we also had to do a Spec Binder and Contruction Documents that went along with this project. So to give you an idea of how much time it takes to put these projects together, we only did two projects the entire semester (September-December). But it is definitely very rewarding when you are finished and see all the work you have put into them. Here is the link to my other project if you didn't get a chance to see it already.
The pictures of the boards below are definitely not the best but it will give you an idea. If you want to come see them in person and view my entire portfolio when I graduate in April then put April 8th on your calendar! This is the date of the Interior Design Portfolio Event at LDS Business College. If you are into design at all I recommend that you come! All of the graduating students will be showing off their portfolios at this event. I went last year and was a little overwhelmed, well I still am at the thought of how far I am in putting mine together, but it is so amazing to look at all the projects!
By the way, the project below is for the Cresthaven Clubhouse. It is an actual apartment clubhouse that will be built in Lehi starting this year. It was a fun experience getting to design for an actual project. None of our designs would actually be chosen, but it still gives a whole new meaning to the project. The actual architects were also there when we presented and gave us advice and comments which was really helpful.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you posted this! i wanted to see the final product so bad! i was sad to miss all the presentations so i didn't get to see anyone else's. your project is amazing lexie. you have some serious talent! my projects look like a 3rd grader next to yours! seriously! will you design MY house someday?? haha!! anyway- see you next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lex, I don't want you to move out of state, I already don't get to see you enough! Lots of adventures for you two though! And your bed looks like a pier one magazine page! Good job on your projects too. You're fabulous Lex!

    ReplyDelete